We have entered a new year, 2018. In considering what God has done for us through the past year, I was contemplating what we believe about Who our God is, what is He like, what is His nature? In other words, what are the attributes of our God?
So, as we begin this year, we will consider the attributes of God as a special “series” of posts each Friday for the next several months. A couple of notes at the outset of this series.
- There are numerous listings of the attributes of our God, and I will not be covering each and every one.
- I certainly will not consider the posts here to be the final authority on any of the topics, but I pray that we would think about the nature of God and His attributes and realize that each of them have a significant impact on our faith in Him.
- There will probably be times when pictures are not appropriate for the post topic. So please bear with me.
- There will likely be many questions, comments, and elements of the attributes that I do not cover in the post and tangential positions that I did not explore. I would encourage you to let me know of your comments, etc., and if there are questions I will gladly respond. But, the posts are not intended to be exhaustive studies on the attributes.
- I pray that the studies presented here will whet your appetite for your own further, more detailed, study of the attributes of God so that your understanding of Him will be deeper than ever before.
If your family is like mine, on New Year’s Eve we held out until midnight when we watched the ball drop to mark the beginning of the new year. As we were ticking off the minutes to that moment when the calendar changed and 2017 was gone forever, we pondered just where the “old year” went? How did time fly away so quickly? What have we done with the time that God has granted to us?
Since “time” was so paramount in our thoughts that evening, I thought the best place to begin in consideration of the attributes of God would be His Eternality – that is His eternal nature. That post will begin the series next Friday, January 12.
As we begin to consider this topic, I would ask that you pray for guidance and that, together, we will grow to be even more in love with our God, His Son, and His Holy Spirit than ever before.
Blessings to each of you, my dear followers, as we embark on our 2018 journey.